Most likely you have asked yourself: Why should you come to study to Estonia?
We will tell you why:
- Estonia is ane-society, with electronic ID-cards, e-government, e-health, e-school, e-parking etc. (e-estonia.com). You would be living in a very unique country!
- It takes only about 20 minutes to found your own company online and99% of banking is done online.
- Europe’s start-up hot-spot! (Forbes Magazine). As a result, Estonia has more successful start-up companies per head than in any other country in Europe, e.g. TransferWise, CrabCAD, Fortumo etc. And yes, we are talking about companies where even Sir Richard Branson invests!
- Home of Skype – the Skype software was developed by four Estonian engineers. Skype has an office in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, and the company also provides scholarships for bright IT students who have chosen to study in Estonia.
- Ranked 1st worldwide in air quality(World Health Organization 2013).
- Shares 1st and 2nd place with Iceland for internet freedomin the world (3rd place Canada, Freedom of the Net 2016).
- First country to offer e-residency – a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online.
- Ranked 8th in the world for Internet access in schools ( The Global Information Technology Report 2016).
- Estonia is also the only Eurozone nation to run a budget surplus. Voted asbest-performing economy in Europe. (europeanvoice.com)
- One of the safest countriesin the world. (http://www.statisticbrain.com)
… and why Estonian universities?
- Over 100 unique and high quality degree programmes taught fully in English
- Internationally accepted diplomas
- Various state scholarships and funding possibilities for incoming students
- English language widely spoken
- High level research projects
- Active and fun student life
- Working possibilities during studies and possibility to stay in the country for 6 months to look for a job after graduation
- The personal touch: small group sizes in classrooms
- Great value for money and affordable living
- Safe and stable environment
Estonia ranked 1st for satisfaction with the stay in the host country institution.
Source: Erasmus Network Survey 2010
A total of 89% of international students are satisfied with their overall living and studying standard in Estonia